Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 does not like duplicate Address for Storage

2015-01-14 10:15:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 does not like duplicate Address for Storage
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 10:13:40 -0500
> On Jan 14, 2015, at 2:29 AM, Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT
> baculasystems DOT com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dan,
>

> On 14/01/2015 01:58, Dan Langille wrote:
>>
>> If they all have distinct values for Address, it works. If not, one or more
>> Storage are silently ignored.
>>

> You are right, some users have many Storage resources in their
> configuration, and now, by default, bacula is trying to list only
> Storage resources that are unique in the status command.
>
> If you do a status of the first Resource or the second one, you end up
> with the same output.
>
> To get the full list, you can use the keyword "select" in your status
> command.
>
> status storage select

I was sure this was a bug because when I first tried a copy Job, it failed to
locate the SD.  I now think
this was related to TLS issues.  After the upgrade, I found that I could no
longer run a particular Copy Job.
It would complain:

14-Jan 00:09 bacula-dir JobId 196621: Using Device "DTL03" to write.
14-Jan 00:09 crey-sd JobId 196621: Fatal error: bnet.c:278 TLS host certificate
verification failed. Host name "crey.example.org" did not match presented
certificate
14-Jan 00:09 crey-sd JobId 196621: Fatal error: TLS negotiation failed.
14-Jan 00:09 bacula-dir JobId 196621: Fatal error: Bad response to Storage
command: wanted 2000 OK storage

Copy jobs had run successfully earlier in the day without issue.  The only
change since then was the upgrade to Bacula 7.

Granted, I may have changed the Address field in bacula-dir.conf some time ago
and not issued a reload, but I can't be sure.

Reissuing the certs with an amended FQDN fixed that issue.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/