Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] database name is blank?

2014-12-13 02:39:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] database name is blank?
From: Jan Martin <fyzzics AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 23:34:16 -0800
Hello all,

I have been running bacula 5.2.6 on Linux Mint for a while, and just
installed it on the latest version, 17.1.  I'm getting an odd error -
the director won't start:

11-Dec 09:42 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
"MyCatalog", database "".
11-Dec 09:42 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: sqlite.c:182 Database
/var/lib/bacula/.db does not exist, please crea
te it.
11-Dec 09:42 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

Which is odd, since the bacula-dir.conf catalog resource is pretty much
plain vanilla:

Catalog {
   Name = MyCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
# dbdriver = "dbi:postgresql"; dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport =
   dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = ""; dbpassword = ""
}

I had some trouble with the catalog database file before installation.
I did a backup of another computer, and before I could back up the
database, the computer crashed, broke so bad I had to reload the OS from
dvd. That reload wiped out the bootstrap file, so I had to do the bls
and bextract by hand, but I got the old catalog back, then added in the
data from the last backup using bscan.  That all seemed to work pretty
well, so I was hopeful I could continue using this catalog.

But now I get this odd error - anyone have any clues what I can do to
fix it?  Thanks much.

-Jan