Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: How to backup on volume that has not reached its retention period.

2014-08-17 23:20:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: How to backup on volume that has not reached its retention period.
From: Gi Dot <gadidot AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, heitor AT bacula.com DOT br, emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:14:27 +0800
From bacula documentation:
  • Purge the oldest Volume if PurgeOldestVolume=yes (the Volume with the oldest LastWritten date and VolStatus equal to Full, Recycle, Purged, Used, or Append is chosen). We strongly recommend against the use of PurgeOldestVolume as it can quite easily lead to loss of current backup data.

I have only one volume for each tape. Does that mean if the status of the volume is 'Append', it will still purge the volume instead of appending it?

So, the directive "Volume Use Duration" that I'm using now will just change the status from "Append" to "Used" after 2 days, but it will still honor the retention period, am I right?

Thanks.