Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to backup on volume that has not reached its retention period.

2014-08-15 08:15:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to backup on volume that has not reached its retention period.
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Gi Dot <gadidot AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:10:27 -0300

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br> wrote:

Initially I set the Volume Retention to 14 days, but I reduced it to 12 days, just to be safe that the tape will definitely get recycled. Thing is, sometimes there are issues that cause the backup not running on time. Backup jobs got pending, and they ran at a later date. Sometimes the jobs got pending for a bit too long and this causes the number of days between the last written date and the incoming backup date to be less than 12 days. When this happens, the incoming backup job will not be able to run because the volume status is 'Used', and it is waiting for me to create a new label.

Just redeuce the volume retention in one day? E. g.: 11 days?

Btw: if you reduce the Volume Retention on a pool, i'm pretty sure you gotta update your álready created volumes with the update command.

Heitor Medrado de Faria | Need Bacula training? 10% discount coupon code at Udemy: bacula-users
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br
Facebook: heitor.faria