Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't connect to director

2014-07-27 12:58:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't connect to director
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 12:56:51 -0400
On 07/27/14 12:24, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> HI Bill,
>
>  Thanks for getting back to me on this! Ok, so let's take this a step at a
> time. I hope we can find a solution for this because I really need bacula to
> come online again.

Hi Tim!

--[snip]-- all db verifications etc...

>     After that, you will need to make sure that the password in your
> bconsole.conf
>     matches the password in either bacula-dir's "Director" resource, or the
>     password in a bacula-dir  "Console" resource.
>

> And yes, I've been able to verify that the database password matches what I
> have in the config.

This might be the issue right here...

The bconsole.conf Password="xxx" needs to match what is in the bacula-dir.conf
file's Password="xxx", not the database password.

Verify that and see if you're back on track.

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC