Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VolumeRetention, Prune and Pool clarification

2014-07-26 18:40:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] VolumeRetention, Prune and Pool clarification
From: Joe Rhodes <lists AT joerhodes DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 18:37:57 -0400
Hi all!

I’ve been trying to figure something out, and I’m hoping someone can shed some
light on this.  In the documentation regarding Automatic Volume Recycling, it
has this to say about pruning:

"When a Job requests another volume and there are no Volumes with Volume Status
Append available, Bacula will begin volume pruning. This means that all Jobs
that are older than the VolumeRetention period will be pruned from every Volume
that has Volume Status Full or Used and has Recycle set to yes.”

My question is, does this apply to the pool in question?   Or all jobs from all
pools that are older than their respective Volume Retention periods pruned?

For example, if I have jobs/volumes in Pool A that are older than their volume
retention period, but the job that’s running is looking for a volume in Pool B,
will it cause the jobs/Volumes in Pool A to get pruned from the database?

Thanks!
-Joe Rhodes