Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.org web site non-functional?

2014-07-26 18:26:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.org web site non-functional?
From: Mike Ruskai <thannyd AT earthlink DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:54:17 -0400
On 7/26/2014 3:51 PM, Brady, Mike wrote:
> On 2014-07-26 19:07, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Dear Luc Van der Veken,
>>
>> In message
>> <[email protected]> you
>> wrote:
>>> The Blog and Recent Topics sections at the top remain the same
>>> everywhere and take up so much space that I have to page down to see
>>> the actual content, which *is* there.
>> Ah, indeed.  Same for me.
>>
>> Well, this is a really unusable web design.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Wolfgang Denk
>>
> What may be causing some confusion is that the bacula.org web site
> displays differently depending on the width of your browser window. On
> my Fedora 20 (Chrome and Firefox) the Blog and Recent Topics display in
> their own narrow box/column on the left of the window and the main page
> content is in a wider box/column on the right of the window.
>
> If I reduce the width of the window, it gets to a point where the Blog
> and Recent Topics box/column changes to being full window width at the
> top of each page.  My monitor is 1920x1200 and I would say that the
> layout changes at about 1280 wide.
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

In the CSS of the page, one finds this:

@media(min-width: 1200px){
.col-lg-1, .col-lg-2, .col-lg-3, .col-lg-4, .col-lg-5, .col-lg-6,
.col-lg-7, .col-lg-8, .col-lg-9, .col-lg-10, .col-lg-11, .col-lg-12 {
float: left;
}

This is the culprit here.  That's an unreasonably large minimum size.
Setting it to 800px results in the column remaining on the left for much
smaller windows.  It introduces some formatting problems with the boxes
under "How to find what you need", which only allocate two lines for the
title of each box. Setting it to 1000px avoids this and would make the
page work better on a maximized browser at 1024x768.