Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bug when canceling a job in bconsole on 7.0.2?

2014-05-23 11:24:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bug when canceling a job in bconsole on 7.0.2?
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 17:21:33 +0200
Quoting message written on Friday 2014-05-23 16:14:50:
> I haven't worked on the Next Pool directive issue yet -- it is next on
> my list.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern
>
> PS: I think you added a note to the "status storage" "bug".  Since it is
> very easy for me to simply close a bug report ( easier than changing
> something :-)  ), I recommend that you state the issue and your

I know it is but as I said it would add to the inconsistency of the
bacula configuration/behavior and we already have a number of
configuration inconsistencies. I believe I could list a number of
configuration examples which are documented but still not solved in
a logical or intuitive way.

> arguments why you do not like what I changed and send it to the
> bacula-users and bacula-devel lists. I am willing to put it back to
> what we had before, but I would like to explain why the current
> behavior, though slightly strange at first is more correct, and I will
> explain the design error I made in Bacula that lead to the ambiguity
> between Storage daemons and Storage devices which is at the root of the
> problem -- I also have some ideas on how to fix it, but not without
> some changes to the Director's conf file.

It's not that I prefer the way it was before, I prefer the right way. :-)

I believe that in the bug report you have mentioned, you have explained
why you had to do something and change the previous behavior of the
bconsole storage status the way that was probably the sensible and quick
solution.

I'll try to shape my arguments and the proposal of the future behavior
that would be more in line with other bconsole commands such as
"status client".

...wait, wait, it's working better now, I have just tested it with the
bacula from current git repo.

When I use "status storage" or just "status", I get the selection list
now.

So, I believe that I am satisfied with the "status storage" and "status"
commands for the moment. :-)

--
Josip Deanovic