Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volume not recycling?

2014-05-23 10:02:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volume not recycling?
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 13:59:58 +0000

I’m not the expert, so I could be wrong, but these are a few things I noticed.

I hope if I’m wrong, whether it be completely or in a detail, someone will correct me so I learn something from it myself.

- Looks like it’s a disk volume, and there’s no limit on volume size or job count or time, nor a “Use Volume Once”. I think it will just keep appending without ever starting a new volume.

- File & job retention 1 year, would span 12 full backups.

- Volume retention 1 month: that starts counting after the last write to the volume, not at day one.  It also may never happen (or at least later than you expect, I don’t know if there’s a default maximum size) because there’s no limit on volume use.