Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine

2014-02-26 19:01:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:59:41 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:57 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com> wrote:

Kern/All,

I was able to get the Bacula file daemon to start manually on my Windows Server 2003 32bit system by using the following exact command:

Command to start File Daemon:

C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe -c ./bacula-fd.conf

To see if the Bacula-FD is running I entered the following at the command line:

netstat -na | more

Then I looked for socket 9101 listening.

Then I wanted to kill the daemon I entered:

bacula-fd.exe -kill

Then I wanted the daemon to start as a service at boot so if the server was ever rebooted it would startup just like my Linux systems at bott/reboot without me having to manually go to each Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.

I read about Creating A Service at this Microsoft link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc990289.aspx

Entering this command:

sc create Bacula-FD binpath= "C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe -c ./bacula-fd.conf" type= share start= auto

....produced a named service but it will not start at boot and will not let me edit it from the services.msc module.

Manully trying to click “Start Service” gives this graphical error:

Services: Could not start the Bacula-FD service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. OK?

Anyone know how to make it behave and start up at boot without human intervention? I’m almost there! Whoo hoo!

You need to your quotes to be around the executable path only.

You may also need to supply a full path for the config file instead of ./bacula-fd.conf. If this is required you must quote the path for that. And do that separately from the quoting you have for the executable path.

John