Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine

2014-02-26 18:22:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failure Backing Up Windows Client Machine
From: Larry Kemp <Larry.Kemp AT usmetrotel DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>, Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 23:16:17 +0000

Kern/All,

I was able to get the Bacula file daemon to start manually on my Windows Server 2003 32bit system by using the following exact command:

Command to start File Daemon:

C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe -c ./bacula-fd.conf

To see if the Bacula-FD is running I entered the following at the command line:

netstat -na | more

Then I looked for socket 9101 listening.

Then I wanted to kill the daemon I entered:

bacula-fd.exe -kill

Then I wanted the daemon to start as a service at boot so if the server was ever rebooted it would startup just like my Linux systems at bott/reboot without me having to manually go to each Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.

I read about Creating A Service at this Microsoft link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc990289.aspx

Entering this command:

sc create Bacula-FD binpath= "C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe -c ./bacula-fd.conf" type= share start= auto

....produced a named service but it will not start at boot and will not let me edit it from the services.msc module.

Manully trying to click “Start Service” gives this graphical error:

Services: Could not start the Bacula-FD service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. OK?

Anyone know how to make it behave and start up at boot without human intervention? I’m almost there! Whoo hoo!

LK