Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Internet Tolerant

2014-02-24 12:09:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Internet Tolerant
From: andersonn21 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:33:11 -0800
Hello,

I've done some searching on here and see older posts about the lack of network
failure tolerance for backing up over the internet. I wonder, does this still
apply to the latest version?

I am trying to backup clients over the internet, but usually get a failure
around 2-3+ hours (Attempting initial backup - going to take 1+ days to
complete). I see the failure time is inconsistent, and local backups run hours
on end without any problem, so I know the issue is the internet connection. The
keep alive is set to 30 seconds.

If Bacula just isn't tolerant for over the internet, are there other solutions
out there that you would suggest?

Thank you