Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: askdir.c:340 NULL Volume name. This shouldn't happen!!!

2014-02-20 12:33:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: askdir.c:340 NULL Volume name. This shouldn't happen!!!
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:30:46 +0100
Hello Wolfgang,

The drive is allocated first.  Your analysis is correct, but
obviously something is wrong.  I don't think this is happening
any more with the Enterprise version, so it will very likely
be fixed in the next release as we will backport (or flowback)
some rather massive changes we have made in the last
during the "freeze" to the community version.

If you want to see what is going on a little more, turn on
a debug level in the SD of about 100.  Likewise you can set a debug
level in the SD of say 1 or 2, then when you do a status,
if Bacula is having difficulties reserving a drive, it will print
out more detailed information on what is going on -- this last
is most effective if jobs end up waiting because a resource
(drive or volume) is not available.

Best regards,
Kern