Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exceeding realistic expectations for accurate mode?

2014-02-20 13:44:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exceeding realistic expectations for accurate mode?
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:41:25 -0600
On 02/20/2014 09:36 AM, rfox AT mbl DOT edu wrote:

> I'm using InnoDB.

What's the iostat -dmx look like?

> I've also heard Postgres will work well in a similar situation so it seems
> I have some options to try if I decide to give up on MySQL.

Mysql's always been a mystery to me: for searchable in-process storage
there's sqlite, for databases too big for sqlite there's postgres. I
could never understand why so many people instead choose something that
combines the downsides of both and then some.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin