Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Slow backup, how to optimize ?

2013-09-23 09:35:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Slow backup, how to optimize ?
From: bdelagree <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 06:32:43 -0700
Hello,

Thank you for the quick response.

My library is connected to a dedicated server only to services (PDC, DHCP, DNS,
LDAP, and Bacula)
This server is not designed to host files, so he has little space.
In addition, the MySql database is already 35Gb...
I can dedicate reasonably 50Gb on this one.

Is there one DataSpooling for bacula, or one by drive ?

Knowing I have a lot of servers to backup (8 servers for about 2.8 Tb of data),
is that enough or i need to find another system for Data Spooling?

df -h from my srv-infra-sm

Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use%
Mounted on
rootfs                                                   20G  836M   20G   5% /
udev                                                     10M     0   10M   0%
/dev
tmpfs                                                   1.6G  1.7M  1.6G   1%
/run
/dev/disk/by-uuid/465b04fb-de46-409b-928a-ec01ba98373e   20G  836M   20G   5% /
tmpfs                                                   5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1%
/run/lock
tmpfs                                                   1.6G  8.0K  1.6G   1%
/run/shm
/dev/sda4                                               109G   40G   69G  37%
/var
tmpfs                                                   7.9G     0  7.9G   0%
/tmp

New options in bacula-sd.conf (thinking that we need a spool by drive)
Device {
  Name = Drive-0
  .
  .
  .
  Maximum Spool Size = 24gb
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 12gb
  Spool Directory = /var/lib/bacula/spool/drive0
}

Device {
  Name = Drive-1
  .