Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger (one more time) SOLVED

2013-09-23 09:54:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] vchanger (one more time) SOLVED
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:50:57 -0400
On 9/22/2013 11:30 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 11:23 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
>
>> Unless I forgot something else, this isn't a permissions problem. The
>> problem is that "initmag" does not work:
>>
>> #   vchanger -u bacula -g bacula /etc/bacula/ARCH.conf initmag 1
>> magazine bay 1 has no magazine mounted
> [...]
>
>> Sat Sep 21 11:20:44 2013 MagazineState::set() - GetMountpointFromUUID
>> returned -3
> I thought about this, and it looked as though perhaps the uuid library
> package I had installed was not actually working. It links OK, but it
> doesn't work when called. So I tried Josh Fisher's suggested fix for the
> linking issue:

It is most likely libblkid, rather than libuuid, that is the problem. It
is not surprising, as there have been several platform-dependent issues
with libblkid and vchanger. I am working on vchnager as time permits and
the next release will abandon libuuid and libblkid in favor of libudev
on platforms that support udev. For other platforms, specifying by UUID
will disabled by the configure script.