Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow backup, how to optimize ?

2013-09-30 08:36:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow backup, how to optimize ?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:33:15 -0400

The DataSpooling has not changed my backup. (See the end of this post)
1day and 14hours for 390Gb .... :(

By cons I just saw that on Friday I restarted only StorageDaemon, was it also restart Director and FileDaemon?

Do you think that enabling compression could improve backup when there are many small files?

I would expect adding software compression to slow the backup down.

Does your source raid array have a cache? Reading many small files causes a lot of seek operations.

John