Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Coexistence of Bacula Bat 5.2.10 and Bacula Director 5.2.12

2013-09-21 05:44:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Coexistence of Bacula Bat 5.2.10 and Bacula Director 5.2.12
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:40:20 +0200
On 09/19/2013 10:35 AM, Ralf Brinkmann wrote:
> We are using now Bacula on Linux servers for years with great success.
>
> On Windows clients we start Bat via Putty and XMing.
>
> Now I found on SourceForge there is a "Bat" for Windows available -
> unfortunately a little bit outdated.
>
> Is it save to use a Bat version 5.2.10 on the Windows side with Bacula
> version 5.2.12 or 5.2.13 on the Linux server side?

In general, using a different version of Bat than the Director will not
work.  In some cases, when you are talking about "patch" differences
(i.e. the last of the 3 digits changes), then it will work fine, but this
may not always be the case.  The best is to use the same version.
The next best is to keep the difference in the last of the three digits
small.  If you want to use a 5.0.x bat with a 5.2.x Director there is
little chance it will work.

Best regards,
Kern