Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows Server 2008 Restore

2013-09-19 05:17:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows Server 2008 Restore
From: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>
To: 송태환 <thdxo AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:14:12 +0200
Am 07.05.2012 05:15, schrieb 송태환:
> How to restore heterogeneous H/W in Windows Server 2008 ??

I'm not familiar with Windows servers but I found moving Win-XP with
wrong hard disk drivers to different new hardware one might run into
problemes on the target side.

look here:
Move Windows XP Hard Drive or Change Motherboard Without Getting Blue
Screen of Death
"http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/07/09/move-windows-xp-hard-drive-or-change-motherboard-without-getting-blue-screen-of-death/";

Booting UBCD4W from a CDROM or USB-Drive on that PC then runnig
"fix-hdc" might solve the problem.

The Trinity-Rescue-Kit might help to repair the boot record:
e.g.: "ms-sys -m /dev/sda"

Ralf Brinkmann