Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] adding re-used tapes previously used on different tape drive

2013-09-04 15:22:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] adding re-used tapes previously used on different tape drive
From: marguin <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:08:41 -0700
I have 2 tape drives, well one being inside a library and the other stand
alone.  I am taking a handful of tapes that were first used on the standalone
library and adding barcoded labels to them and put them in my library.  from
bconsole, 'update slots', 'update slots scan' ..however i cannot get the new
tapes to show at all in the 'list media' list.  what i want to do is relabel
them to their barcode and wipe what is currently on them (that data is long
expired), then re-use them in the library.  My library is a Dell Power Vault
TL1000 if i remember correctly (located remote).

any insight would be greatly appreciated!