Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Trying to understand file-based pools and datestamped volume labels - volume prune and recycling

2013-07-10 22:03:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Trying to understand file-based pools and datestamped volume labels - volume prune and recycling
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:00:20 -0400
On 07/10/13 18:38, Chris Harrison wrote:
> Also, is there a nicer way to have one file with a clear filename per
> job but also to have fully automated volume recycling so I don't just
> fill up our NAS?

The big problem with trying to set up a file-based storage system with
one file per job is that unless you get into multiple virtual Storage
devices, you can only run one job at a time because you can only have
one Volume open per storage device at a time.  That gets messy fast.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.