Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Intervention needed, asking for tape not in library

2013-07-03 14:28:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Intervention needed, asking for tape not in library
From: "Kevin B. Zimmerman" <kevin.zimmerman AT kitware DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 14:25:52 -0400
I get that's how it supposed to work -- and what I expected -- but
that's not at all what was happening. Here's the behavior I saw:

- Tape magazine #1, loaded with 12 tapes labelled 000001L5 - 000012L5,
was in the tape library; 11 marked as Full, 1 marked as Append
- I followed the documentation to swap the magazine out (unmount, change
magazines, update slots, mount)
- Now Tape magazine #2, loaded with 12 more tapes labelled 000013L5 -
000024L5, was in the tape library; all 12 marked as Append
- All tapes from magazine #1 were marked InChanger=0; all tapes from
magazine #2 were marked InChanger=1
- Spool jobs would run, and Bacula would call for the one tape from
magazine #1 (000003L5) that was marked as Append, despite having a full
magazine of tapes in the library ready to go.
- I could remount, and specify the slot to use, and it would pull a tape
from magazine #2, but as soon as that tape was full, it would ask for
that same tape from magazine #1 again.
- Setting Enabled=1 for tapes in the library and Enabled=0 for tapes not
in the library invokes the expected behavior

So in this case, there were no volumes that needed to be recycled; all
were new, labelled, defined in the pool, and marked as Append.

Thoughts?

Kevin B. Zimmerman