Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Intervention needed, asking for tape not in library

2013-07-02 10:29:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Intervention needed, asking for tape not in library
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: "Kevin B. Zimmerman" <kevin.zimmerman AT kitware DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:24:44 +0200
On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:07:16AM -0400, Kevin B. Zimmerman wrote:

> Once I swap the old magazine out (following the instructions at
> http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/Autochanger_Resource.html#SECTION002950000000000000000),
>
> Bacula refuses to automatically use any tapes in the newly-inserted
> magazine.  One of the tapes in the old magazine is in Append mode, and
> it keeps asking for that tape despite it (and the other tapes from the
> old magazine) not being marked as In Changer.  I can manually force
> Bacula to unmount/update slots/mount and name a specific tape to use,
> but once that tape fills up it goes back to asking for the tape from the
> other magazine:

Hi Kevin,

we're having the same "problem" although I am unsure if this isn't a
feature of bacula trying to preserve data as long as possible.

So far, I haven't found a way around bacula trying to mount removed
volumes short of manually setting the removed volumes to status
"archive".

You can check the list archive for what I had hoped "update slots"
would achieve, but it only covers certain aspects of what's needed
(imho) when juggling around entire cartridges full of tapes.

All the best, Uwe