Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is there any interest in a new Bacula reporting system?

2013-06-28 16:16:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is there any interest in a new Bacula reporting system?
From: "Kenneth Stauch" <kstauch AT godaddy DOT com>
To: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 20:12:32 +0000
Jerome,

Yes, the ability to change the timeframe and clients was something that we
required too and couldn't get from the existing tools.  In this tool you can
select timeframe as a duration from now to the past or select specific dates
and times for starting and ending range.  You can also change it by director,
user defined group of clients, or select individual and multiple clients.

The custom report creation is basically creating a SQL query.  I created custom
functions that you put in the query that enables the scope/timeframe change.
You then set the default scope, save the report, and it appears in the menu.  I
would like to have others test it now, but unfortunately I can't provide it to
others until the open source project gets approved by my company at which time
I will put it up on GitHub.  I'm sure it will need additional testing then
since it has only been tested in our environment.  I will send an email to this
Bacula users list with the link when it is ready.  Hopefully it will be in a
couple of months, by the end of the year at the latest.  I put out the question
now to make sure that it is worth the effort of going through the open source
procedure and to see if anyone had some ideas that I could add to it.

By requirements I assume you mean what I would call prerequisites.  They are:
Obviously a Bacula director
A Linux (other unix could work but may need tweaking) server.  It could be the
same as the Bacula server or separate.
Perl and a few modules
PHP
MySQL
Webserver preferably Apache
Browser for the front end.  Currently Firefox is the only one where everything
works flawlessly.

Thank you for your interest,

Ken Stauch