Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] wake on lan in RunBeforeJob

2013-06-28 16:05:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] wake on lan in RunBeforeJob
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:00:28 -0400
On 06/28/13 15:35, Wolfgang Routschka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one question about starting a client for backup with bacula software and
> wake-on-lan.
>
> I have configure a bacula job for backup my windows client at night. To start
> my client I want to use wake on lan and I use the RunBeforeJob-option.
>
> Now the problem is bacula only start the option if the bacula-daemon is able
> to connect the client.
>
> Fatal error: bsock.c:138 Unable to connect to Client: win8 on x.x.x.x:9102.
> ERR=No route to host
>
> Is it possbile to  start the RunBeforeJob-Option although the client is not to
> connected?
>
> After Running this job I can connect to the Client.
>
> Greetings Wolfgang

Might be just as easy to create a job of type "Admin" that starts before your
Backup job and with a higher priority that just Waes all of your machines in a
Runbefore Job.

Admin type jobs have no Client. Here's an example that I use:

Job {
  Name = UpdateSlots
  JobDefs = Defaults
  Client = None
  Type = Admin
  FileSet = None
  Priority = 8

  RunScript {
    RunsWhen = Before
    RunsOnClient = no
    Fail Job On Error = no
    Command = "/etc/bacula/include/scripts/auto_enable_disable_vols.sh"
    Command = "/etc/bacula/include/scripts/runbefore-updateslots.sh"
  }
}

Hope this helps.

--