Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Is there any interest in a new Bacula reporting system?

2013-06-27 20:17:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Is there any interest in a new Bacula reporting system?
From: "Kenneth Stauch" <kstauch AT godaddy DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 00:13:34 +0000

Bacula Users,

I have developed a new reporting application for Bacula that we are using in house and would like to open source release it later this year.  Since there already are web reporting/configuration applications (we also use Webmin and Webacula), I would like to know if there is any interest in it.

It is different than the others because it:

1.       Reports on multiple directors

2.       Can download reports in CSV format

3.       Can email reports either on demand or scheduled

4.       Has predefined standard reports.  Some of them are:

a.       Client count per director and OS

b.      Clients without full backups in a time window

c.       Success rate per director and average

d.      Drive Status

e.      Longest or slowest running backups

f.        Tapes needed for restore

g.       Tape usage per autochanger and how many are scratch

h.      The obvious like backups/restores running, completed, etc.

5.       Has ability to create and save custom reports.  They can be run by other users and scheduled to email as well.

6.       Can change the scope of any report.  Scope is time frame, director, a group that you pre-define, and client(s).

It is designed for a large environment.  Let me know if this is something the community would be interested in and if you have any more suggestions.

If this is the wrong forum for such a question, I apologize.

Thank you,

Ken Stauch