Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Automatically create volume and continue writing to it

2013-06-04 03:00:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] Automatically create volume and continue writing to it
From: "Michael D. Wood" <mike AT itsecuritypros DOT org>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 02:56:34 -0400
Hi Guys,

I've been combing through the mailing list and forums and trying to
wrap my head around what I'm trying to accomplish.  Hopefully, someone
here can point me in the right direction.  This is just a home setup
backing up 2 Linux and 1 FreeBSD server.  The backups are just going to
a 1TB external USB drive.  Bacula has been working great for all I use
it for.

I want to be able to split the volumes Bacula creates in 5GB chunks (to
make restores faster and just easier manageability).  I have messed
around with the Max Volume Bytes directive but wasn't sure if I needed
to use vchanger with this?

If I can get Bacula to split the volumes into 5GB chunks, is Bacula
able to automatically create another in the pool, and keep writing to
it?  When that one reaches 5GB it just creates another volume?  From
what I've seen it *LOOKS* like it can be done.  Any ideas?