Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fileset inclusion list question

2013-05-23 03:53:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fileset inclusion list question
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Jonathan Bayer <linuxgurugamer AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:46:44 +0200
Hello,

2013/5/22 Jonathan Bayer <linuxgurugamer AT gmail DOT com>
I remember that a while ago, if a directory was included 2 times (such
as the following):

Include {
   File = /
   File = /usr
}

and /usr was on the same filesystem, it would be backed up two times.
Is this still the case?

I think yes. You want to backup recursive '/' and '/usr'. It is your request, Bacula will follow.

I'm asking because I have a fileset definition which lists a number of
the main directories on a Linux filesystem, and want to use this on many
different systems, some of which have these directories on seperate
filesystems and some don't.

I am using a separate FileSet definitions in this case. I check what filesystems are available and then I'm choosing a proper fileset.
Simple and effective.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski