Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Vchanger attempts to mount 5 volumes before stopping and requesting magazine change

2013-04-02 14:55:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Vchanger attempts to mount 5 volumes before stopping and requesting magazine change
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:53:26 -0400
On 04/01/13 05:38, Leon White wrote:
> I plan to use this script to ensure that all volumes are set to disabled
> before and after they are used to prevent bacula from trying to use unmounted
> volumes. Is there any way to trigger this script to run silently as soon as
> the update slots command is triggered, or is there some other point we could
> trigger it during the process of swapping drives in the eSATA changer? Perhaps
> automount could do it and then subsequently use the bcommand script to call
> update slots in bconsole as well, making the process of changing drives
> effectively fully automatic and independent from the shell. I won't be
> operating this system forever, and I want to keep the process as simple as
> possible for anybody else who has to use it.

Hi Leon...

You could create a simple job of type "Admin" with a RunScript that calls a
script (or multiple scripts) to enable/disable the appropriate
magazines/volumes and run the bconsole "update slots" command.

Then, set the Admin job to run before your nightly jobs by starting at the
same time (e.g. use same schedule) but with a higher priority (lower numeric
value is higher priority).

Also, for operations outside of any schedule, you would just need to manually
run the Admin job after a disk (magazine) change before running any other jobs.

I am also looking into Josh's scripts currently due to a similar problem I
have run into. I just have not had the time to get around to it until this
thread came along. :)

Good luck Leon.

P.S. Thanks for sharing Josh.

--