Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Vchanger attempts to mount 5 volumes before stopping and requesting magazine change

2013-04-02 20:39:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Vchanger attempts to mount 5 volumes before stopping and requesting magazine change
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 20:36:14 -0400
Leon,

After replying to you earlier today, I spent a little time testing Josh's
benablemag script, and thought about my "just create a script to run in an
Admin job" comment.

Thought that it required a little more information.

So, here is my Admin job called "UpdateSlots" which runs before all of my
other jobs each night.

--[snip]--
# ----------------
# Update Slots Job
# ----------------
Job {
  Name = UpdateSlots
  Client = None
  Type = Admin
  FileSet = None
  Storage = c0
  Schedule = WeeklyToOffsiteDisk
  Messages = Standard
  Priority = 8
  SpoolData = no
  Pool = Default

  RunScript {
    RunsWhen = Before
    RunsOnClient = no
    Fail Job On Error = no
    Command =
"/etc/bacula/include/mag_and_vol_scripts/auto_enable_disable_vols.sh"
    Command = "/etc/bacula/include/runbefore-updateslots.sh"
  }
}
--[snip]--

Here is the runbefore-updateslots.sh script that is called:

--[snip]--
#!/bin/bash
#
# waa - 20091110
# --------------
BC="/usr/sbin/bconsole"
CONF="/path/to/bconsole.conf"
STORAGE="c0"
DRIVE="0"

$BC -c $CONF << WAAEOF
update slots storage=$STORAGE drive=$DRIVE
quit
WAAEOF
--[snip]--

And here is the auto_enable_disable_vols.sh script I am using starting today.

http://www.revpol.com/node/146

Hope this helps - someone. :)

--
Bill Arlofski