Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula restore getting wrong Storage

2013-03-22 04:15:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore getting wrong Storage
From: Bugbear <gryzli.the.bugbear AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:11:26 +0200
Hello,

This is my situation:

I have Bacula-dir (Bacula 5.2.6) with about 200 clients. Also the major
part of my clients are sharing same catalog (MyCatalog), and I have
added 2 more clients with dedicated catalogs.

All of my clients are using File as a media type, and also all of them
have dedicated Storage, Devices, Pools. For example: client-A-storage,
client-A-device, client-A-pool.....

After adding the additional dedicated catalogs, I experience very
strange behaviour with the restore jobs of clients which reside on my
Shared catalog.

For example, let say this is a partial list of my clients:
21.. Client-A
22.. Client-B

I am starting the restore procedure as follows:
>> use catalog=MyCatalog   [this is my shared catalog]
>> 5: Select the most recent backup for a client
>> 22: Client-B
<<< Bacula starts generating my backup tree, using the right volumes,
storages etc...
>> mark /home
>> done

After typing done I get the following message:
#################################
The job will require the following
   Volume(s)                 Storage(s)                SD Device(s)

    Client-B-Full-19.3.2013-5:30 Client-A-storage
Client-A-device

#################################

As you can see, Bacula displays wrong information about the
Storage/Devices of Client-B (it displays them as Client-A). After that
if try to edit manual the BSR file and change this values, nothing
happens.

I suppose this is some kind of bug, because:
- This strange behaviour happens only to a custom set of clients (not
all of the clients using shared catalog)
- This only happens after I add more than 1 catalog

Would be glad if there are any suggestions for fixing this.

Thanks in advance !