Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore getting wrong Storage

2013-03-22 07:40:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore getting wrong Storage
From: Bugbear <gryzli.the.bugbear AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:37:42 +0200
Hi Dimitrij,

Well, for me using only one catalog isn't solution at all. With the
number of clients and files I'm backing up, using one database
(catalog) causes huge performance penalties, that's why I use multiple
catalogs.

Also I found some thread explaining exactly the same problem as mine:
http://marc.info/?l=bacula-bugs&m=132248738530236
... but it seems the bug wont be fixed...

ebollengier says that:
" Bacula might have a problem when using multiple Catalog, this is not
the most common setup."
For me you don't have any choice different from using multiple
catalogs, if you have clients with very big filesets, containing huge
number of files, and ofcourse if performance is to be considered.

Regards