Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Pools not updating Attributes

2013-03-21 02:46:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Pools not updating Attributes
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:43:37 +0100
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 05:18:37PM -0400, Mingus Dew wrote:
> Dear All,
>      I am running bacula-5.2.10 on Solaris 10 x86. I've noticed an
> issue recently where I've wanted to restrict further restrict the
> Maximum Volumes in a couple of Pools.
> I edited the config and changed "Maximum Volumes = 3". I then reloaded
> and updated the Pools from Resource. It says it successfully updates.
> I've also tried restarting bacula-dir and then updating the Pools from
> Resource. Here is my config, names changed to protect the innocent.

Hi Mingus,

check the list archives, I recently also started a discussion on this
subject. For now, I've found the only way to shrink a pool is to

- change & reload your bacula config

- delete extra volumes (hopefully the oldest ones) manually from the
 pool in bconsole using the "delete volume" command

- run "update pool" in bconsole for the affected pool

Only then will the pool attributes actually update and reflect the
changed number of max. volumes.

Naturally all of this can be scripted and I hope I will eventually get
around to it (I recently changed the incr pool max volumes vor ~120
clients and don't feel like repeating all of the above steps for each
client manually ;)

I've asked around if this is a bacula  bug, but apparently this is
considered a feature ;-)

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA