Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula + arbitrary backup on tape

2013-03-21 09:00:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula + arbitrary backup on tape
From: giggzounet <giggzounet AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:57:34 +0100
Hi,

I'm new on this list.

We are using bacula on our cluster with an Overland Tape library with
autochanger. Bacula is configured to do some backups every weeks. It
works without problem.

The tape library has "mailslots". I want to use these mailslots to do
some extra arbitrary backups. In order to do that I have a special pool
"scratch". I have labeled a tape "FSI-LES" in the mailslot1 (slot=46)
and I backuped some files on it. Then I remove this tape. Now I want to
do other arbitrary backups. I put 3 new blanks tapes and I label them in
the "scratch" pool:
mailslot1 (Slot=46) : name of the new volume: FSI-PfS-1a_1__1
mailslot2 (Slot=47) : name of the new volume: FSI-PfS-1a_1__2
mailslot3 (Slot=48) : name of the new volume: FSI-PfS-1a_1__3

the problem is in bconsole a "list media" always gives the old "FSI-LES"
in the slot 46. And of course it generates some errors, when I want to
use it to bakcup.

How can I solve this problem ?

How can I do some arbitrary backup on tape ? and then remove the tapes
and add others one...

Best regards,
Guillaume