Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pools not updating Attributes

2013-03-20 17:21:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pools not updating Attributes
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, trudolph AT forsythe DOT com, srstephens AT forsythe DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:18:37 -0400
Dear All,
     I am running bacula-5.2.10 on Solaris 10 x86. I've noticed an
issue recently where I've wanted to restrict further restrict the
Maximum Volumes in a couple of Pools.
I edited the config and changed "Maximum Volumes = 3". I then reloaded
and updated the Pools from Resource. It says it successfully updates.
I've also tried restarting bacula-dir and then updating the Pools from
Resource. Here is my config, names changed to protect the innocent.

Pool {
  Name = Company-FS_Full
  Pool Type = Backup
  Storage = Company_Files
  Recycle = Yes
  AutoPrune = Yes
  Volume Retention = 14d
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 25
  Maximum Volumes = 3
  Label Format = Company-FS_Full-
  Next Pool = Company_LTO5_Tapes
}

Pool {
  Name = Company-FS_Incr
  Pool Type = Backup
  Storage = Company_Files
  Recycle = Yes
  AutoPrune = Yes
  Volume Retention = 14d
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 150
  Maximum Volumes = 3
  Label Format = Company-FS_Incr-
  Next Pool = Company_LTO5_Tapes
}

If I run "list pools" in bconsole, I see this:
+--------+-----------------------+---------+---------+----------+---------------------+
| PoolId | Name                  | NumVols | MaxVols | PoolType |
LabelFormat         |

|     20 | Company-FS_Full       |       5 |       5 | Backup   |
Company-FS_Full-    |
|     21 | Company-FS_Incr       |       4 |       5 | Backup   |
Company-FS_Incr-    |

So not only is Bacula not updating the Maximum Volumes, but its still
creating additional volumes still (I had removed some volumes)

Can anyone suggest how I can even begin to troubleshoot this?

Sincerely Yours,
Shon