Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQLdump import seems very slow for "Filename" and "Path" tables

2013-03-16 06:22:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQLdump import seems very slow for "Filename" and "Path" tables
From: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:18:58 +0100
Le 16/03/2013 10:54, Uwe Schuerkamp a écrit :
> My question: Is there some way to optimize the catalog dump to make
> the import faster, like maybe omitting indices and re-creating them
> manually once the import has completed? Seeing the Path table also has
> 19GB, its import probably won't have finished before our Sun goes
> Nova. ;)

Hello,

You have several ways to speed it up.
First:
  - use --disable-keys when dumping
  - use other tools to do the backup / restore : You can try:
     * mydumper : Each table will be a different dump. you will recreate
the database using multiple threads in parallel.
     * mylvmbackup : you will restore a snapshot of the filesystem, the
speed will be the highest you can have. (the size of the backup will be
much bigger)

Do you clean regularly your catalog with dbcheck?

HTH.
Jerome Blion.