Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQLdump import seems very slow for "Filename" and "Path" tables

2013-03-19 11:40:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQLdump import seems very slow for "Filename" and "Path" tables
From: Melvin Ross <melvin.ross AT gmail DOT com>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:37:13 -0500
You may also want to try Xtrabackup from Percona.

-Melvin

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 11:39:40AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 03/16/13 05:54, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've been warned re-importing an innodb mysql database was slow, but I
> > hadn't expected it to be *this* slow.
>
> The basic problem here is that mysqldump has not aged or scaled well,
> and badly needs to be put out to pasture in favor of something better.
> I won't go into all of its failings here; suffice it to say that there
> are many of them.

Thanks for all your suggestions, folks. I'll look into mydumper or
rather I've already looked into it and naturally fallen into the

CMakeFiles/mydumper.dir/binlog.c.o: In function `get_binlog_file':
/server/tmp/mydumper-0.5.2/binlog.c:160: undefined reference to
`my_net_read'

trap that's also been reported on the net. I'll try to find a way of
fixing this and report back, hopefully being able to provide an up to
date working binary for centos 6 64 bit systems ;)

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA