Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring ownership and group

2013-03-16 07:07:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring ownership and group
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:02:37 +0100
Hello,

2013/3/16 Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>
I think I found the reason:
While recovering my default config for "replace" was "ifnewer". Changing this to "always" recovers correct ownership and permissions ...

So, it is working as expected. Good.

But ... isn't this a bug? My target directory did not exist. So I would expect that everything is exacly restored even if I don't want newer files to be overridden -- there were no files or directories in place.

If you think it is a BUG then check documentation what is expected behavior in this case. If expected behavior is different what you observed then fill a bug report at http://bugs.bacula.org/. It will be nice if you check a source and prepare a patch.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net