Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring ownership and group

2013-03-15 11:41:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring ownership and group
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:08:18 +0100
Hello,

2013/3/15 Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>

Am 15.03.2013 um 13:38 schrieb Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>:

> Hello,
>
> 2013/3/15 Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>
> Hi Radoslaw,
>
> Thanks for your quick repsonse!
>
> while interactive restore I changed to the parent dir (cd /export/user2/litauer/mgmt/backend) and typed "mark live mailman". The parent directory still exists on the client fs. I would expect that subdirs mailman and live are restored with correct ownership. In fact "mailman" _is_ restored correct, just "live" is failing ...
>

> Any log for that? And another question what lsmark shows?

Radoslaw,

I would give you any log you need ... but what logs are required?

What is your restore session? How do you select a jobid, how do you mark a directory... etc...

The only log I know of is the log output of the restore I get via mail. Attached.

lsmark shows:

*live/

So, now you should be able to recover a "live" directory with all required permissions/ownership.

If not, it means that you have no "live" directory on your backup (jobid) and this directory is recovered only with default permissions. Then you have to check your FileSet definition or jobid's used for recovery. Check estimate listing or you can use bls command to check if your backup has directory "live".

best regards