Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-dir won't start but almost

2013-03-15 12:45:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-dir won't start but almost
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Julien Cochennec <julien.cochennec AT mnhn DOT fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:42:06 +0400
On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:02:52 +0100
Julien Cochennec <julien.cochennec AT mnhn DOT fr> wrote:

[...]
> > Thanks a lot for your help. I added user and group and changed
> > ownership of /var/lib/bacula files and it works again (see below).
> > Is foreground the -f option? If so, it works because I did run it
> > with -f option from the begining and always worked, but not in
> > background. But I still get the state file error in -f mode, still
> > can't find why (line 3, the same you noticed first).
> >
> > /usr/sbin/bacula-dir -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf -u bacula -g
> > bacula -f -d 100
> SOrry, that wasn't clear enough. Bacula works in foreground but not
> in background.

OK.
Can you verify that you (or some other admin) did not modify the
rc file -- /etc/init.d/bacula-director?
One way to go would be to rename that file and then do

# apt-get install --reinstall bacula-director-whatever

If you will still encounter the same problem, I would suggest to file a
bug to the Debian BTS and restart the discussion there.
Feel free to link to this discussion [1].

1. http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg55358.html