Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to remove disk volumes.

2013-03-14 17:13:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to remove disk volumes.
From: Stephen Pierce <spierce AT verifyle DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:57:43 +0000
I've been using Bacula for only a few weeks, so I haven't gotten to the point
where my first backup job is older than my retension time (30 days). However,
when I used to do backups on real tape (~1998), I would recycle a piece of tape
media once all jobs on the tape were beyond the retention time.

Since Bacula treats disk storage like tape media, can Bacula recycle old
file-based media too? If it could, then you wouldn't need to delete old disk
volumes, just have them automatically or manually recycled.

Does anyone have any experience with automatic or manual recycling of
disk-storage media?

Steve