Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backing up Dovecot maintained Maildirs under Linux

2013-02-13 08:51:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backing up Dovecot maintained Maildirs under Linux
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:29:51 +0200
I have a backup job using Accurate=Yes and that job backs up Maildirs on
my server.

I have not tested what happens to message time stamps when Dovecot moves
files from folder to another. Is there any special considerations to
make this work with Backula?

Does anyone has any experince with this kind of backup. I want Bacula
incremental to backup the moved files in the new folder, and removed (as
in Accurate) them from the old folders. How does Dovecot maintain the
date time attributes on the files, and does Bacule see the transactions
properly. I fear that Dovecot might not change the time stamps, and
Bacula incremental dies not see the messages.

Thanks for any insight.