Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SQL-Query for copy job to get latest full + all following differentials & incrementals...

2013-02-13 08:47:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SQL-Query for copy job to get latest full + all following differentials & incrementals...
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: "Masopust, Christian" <christian.masopust AT siemens DOT com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:44:21 +0100
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 08:26:38AM +0100, Masopust, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up a copy job here for offsite backup (on demand) and
> therefore would need
> a fine SQL-query to get all jobs listed for the most recend full and all
> following differentials
> and incrementals. All backups are to one single pool.
>
> As said, the offsite backup should be done on demand and therefore I cannot
> take the latest
> full alone...
>
> I'm sure this query should be possible but my SQL-knowledge is a little poor
> :)
>
> Thanks a lot,
> christian

Hi Christian,

maybe you can check the example query.sql that comes with bacula
("Select most recent backup for a client") to get you started. Your
query should return a list of jobids to be copied which is what the
example query provides. You might want to add some safety net so jobs
that are already on tape won't be copied again (previousjobid, I
think).

Cheers, Uwe
--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA