Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purging Message

2013-02-06 06:28:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purging Message
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: "Summers, James B. II" <jsummers AT ou DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:25:18 +0100
Am 06.02.2013 04:19, schrieb Summers, James B. II:

> On Feb 5, 2013, at 5:15 PM, Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT
> de> wrote:
>
>> Am 05.02.2013 18:09, schrieb Summers, James B. II:
>>> I was looking at my backup email reports and keep seeing the following at
>>> the end of each report:
>>>
>>> JobId 5968: Begin pruning Jobs older than 42 years 7 months 21 days 15
>>> hours 57 mins 50 sec.
>>> JobId 5968: No Jobs found to prune.
>>>
>>> My understanding from the documentation is that the default job retention
>>> is 180 days.  But for some reason it is trying to only purge things older
>>> than 42 years?
>>
>> I seem to remember that was a bug in some old version of Bacula.
>> Which version are you using?
>
> We are running 5.0.0-9 on a RHEL 6.3 machine.

I'm quite happy with Simone Caronni's Bacula builds for RHEL from
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/epel-6/x86_64/ .
It's currently at release 5.2.12-7.

Scanning through my old logs, I see I did get that same message
back when I still ran 5.0.0. It disappeared after the upgrade to
5.2.6 in March 2012.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH