Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP ultrium problem

2013-02-01 04:09:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP ultrium problem
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:06:26 +0100
Zitat von Tomasz Rozycki <rozycki.tomasz AT gmail DOT com>:

> Hi all,
> I've problem with my tapes. I've used HP Ultrium 200GB LTO-1 tape and
> bacula after 100Gb date marked volume as Full. Why do that? Should I
> disable software compression for the tape job?

Bacula mark the tape as full becuase it is full. LTO-1 has 100GB
native capacity, all other number are marketing driven and can only be
reached with bloated data. If you disable the software compression in
Bacula you might get more speed because the tape compression is
faster, but regarding data on tape nothing will change.

Regards

Andreas