Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] full and incremental backups

2013-02-01 02:59:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] full and incremental backups
From: Süleyman Kuran <skuran AT ayk.gov DOT tr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:56:21 +0200
Hi List,

I am scheduling montly backups to move to an off-site location in case of a disaster. Monthly backup job copies a full backup 1st friday night of every month then backups up incremental on the remaining days of month. What I am trying to achive is to export a tape cartridge 1 st friday of every month before leaving the office containing the full and incrementals backup ups of the previous month.  The schedule config is as follows :

Schedule {
  Name = "MultipleRUN"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Daily mon-sun at 3:17
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekly sun at 9:05
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Weekly mon-sat at 5:05
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Monthly 1st fri at 22:05
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Monthly sun-fri at 2:05
}

Now the problem; full and incremental backups are not bound to pools, bacula just picks up the last full backup to compare, regardless of the pool when preparing for the incremental. When I remove the cartridge out of the office, there is a chance that the corresponding full backups are still located in the library, and my montly backup is useless without a recent full backup.

How can i make sure my monthly backup consists of a full backup and incrementals derived from the full on the same media

Regards,

Suleyman