Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] windows enterprise is not working, x32/x64.

2013-01-16 04:10:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] windows enterprise is not working, x32/x64.
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Dupond <jean-louis AT dupond DOT be>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:08:08 +0100

On 15 January 2013 17:12, Jean-Louis Dupond <jean-louis AT dupond DOT be> wrote:
I've been able to build a 64bit windows exe/dll on a Ubuntu 12.10
system with the mingw64 from packages in Ubuntu.
Also used OpenSSL 1.0 instead of the older versions given in the build
docs for win32.
I had to change some small things in the code & the build system to get
everything building.
The symbols file also contains issues (missing exports).

Maby I should file a bug for this? So the build system can be improved
a bit on Windows?
Then its really not a big issue to build Bacula exe's.

I did not build bat yet, only the bacula-fd exe's itself (which is
enough for most of the users).

If you send the patch to bacula-devel and they are reasonable I don't see why those should not be included.
I wes trying to build the Windows Bacula binaries myself with Fedora's mingw but I dropped the task due to lack of time.

In Fedora there are some Windows binaries built inside rpms with mingw (like the Windows Spice Agent) and is very handy [1]. All the macros and SPEC file skeletons are in the Packaging Guidelines as well as static libraries to be used as dependencies already compiled for Windows [2] [3].
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).