Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] windows enterprise is not working, x32/x64.

2013-01-13 18:03:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] windows enterprise is not working, x32/x64.
From: Bryan Harris <bryanlharris AT me DOT com>
To: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:00:18 -0500
Hi Pedro, Radoslaw,

On Jan 13, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski
DOT net> wrote:

> Bacula community edition will continue, unix, linux, windows products?
>
> I don't understand your question, sorry.

I think he means "Will Windows be supported?", or "Will Windows continue?", or
something along those lines.  Here is my understanding, feel free to correct me
if I'm wrong:

For Linux/Mac/Unix, yes, the community version will continue.  For Windows, the
binaries cost a few dollars.  They are available forever, just not free.  I
guess another way to put it is: the Windows community version is gone, the new
method to obtain the Windows client is to purchase an Enterprise binary file
for a small fee.

Here is the page with Windows binaries info.  It gives a good explanation about
why they had to start charging a few dollars for the binaries.  It also
explains the support options.

http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=winbin

Bryan

PS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting