Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Is tape filling up too early?

2012-10-17 14:17:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Is tape filling up too early?
From: Sergio Belkin <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:14:30 -0300
Hi folks

I'm using LTO3 tapes and are filling up too fast. They have supposedly
800 GB. I know that never reach that capacity, but I am somewhat
surprised that is full with only ~ 333 GB!!  (lesser than a half)

If I issue a "list media pool" command I get

| MediaId | VolumeName   | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes        |
VolFiles | VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType |
LastWritten         |
+---------+--------------+-----------+---------+-----------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+
|     100 | LUNOCT12LTO3 | Full      |       1 | 421,590,177,792 |
 431 |   31,536,000 |       0 |    0 |         0 | LTO3      |
2012-10-16 08:11:08 |

Output of mt -f /dev/nst0  status

SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x44 (no translation).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

The volume was recycled with 'mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind;mt -f /dev/nst0 weof'

My storage daemon config is as follow

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = superbackup-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

}
Director {
  Name = superbackup-dir
  Password = "ucuc"
}
Director {
  Name = superbackup-mon
  Password = "ucuc"
  Monitor = yes
}
Device {
  Name = LTO3
  Media Type = LTO3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0          #modificar a "1" para usar el DAT4S
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  Maximum Spool Size = 30g
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 20gb
  Spool Directory = /var/spool/bacula
  #Maximum Network Buffer Size =  10240
  #Hardware end of medium = No;
  Fast Forward Space File = yes
  #TWO EOF = yes
}

Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = supernoc-dir = all
}
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

Could you suggest me something to improve it?

Thanks in advance!
Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org