Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula possibly confused about label

2012-09-06 21:33:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula possibly confused about label
From: Chris Ord <Chris.Ord AT digitalpictures.com DOT au>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 01:15:53 +0000
Dears,

In the middle of a backup job bacula is asking for a tape it has labeled and is
registered correctly(I believe) in the database.

Here's the relevant info
Status gives me this:

Running Jobs:
Writing: Incremental Backup job DailyArchive2 JobId=182 Volume="VARCD003"
    pool="ArcD" device="Drive_0" (/dev/nst0)
    spooling=0 despooling=0 despool_wait=0
    Files=0 Bytes=0 Bytes/sec=0
    FDReadSeqNo=6 in_msg=6 out_msg=4 fd=5
====

Device status:
Autochanger "Changer01" with devices:
   "Drive_0" (/dev/nst0)
Device "FileStorage" (/tmp) is not open.
Device "Drive_0" (/dev/nst0) open but no Bacula volume is currently mounted.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "VARCD003",
       Pool:        ArcD
       Media type:  LTO5
    Slot 4 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
====

Used Volume status:
VARCD003 on device "Drive_0" (/dev/nst0)
    Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=0

List Volumes gives me this:

146 | VARCD003   | Append    |       1 | 1,040,640,685,056 |    1,061 |
315,360,000 |       0 |    4 |         1 | LTO5      | 2012-08-14 03:58:04 |

So it's loaded,
it's used the tape,
it's marked appendable

yet bacula doesn't see it.
I can't relabel the tape without removing the MediaId from the catalog and I am
concerned about wiping the job/data as it is a duplicate backup job and I don't
want the labelling to go out of sequence.

The tape device is an HP 4048 dual head. Only one is used for bacula. I can
supply the configs but the only change to them in the last 3 months is the
schedule time so probably not relevent.

sg_map and dmesg shows there's been no unscheduled reboot of the server,
neither has the scsi address of any of the devices changed.
query with mtx confirms that that the barcodes are being read correctly and
bacula is in sync with the tape robot with respect to slot location of every
tape in the device.

Any ideas how to resolve this with the least pain

Cheers
Chris

*Chris Ord | I.T. Manager*
email   chris.ord AT digitalpictures.com DOT au

switch  +61 2 9439 5922
fax       +61 2 9436 3554

Digital Pictures

This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information. If you are
not the named recipient, please contact us immediately. You must not
copy, use or disclose
this communication, or any attachments or information in it, without our
prior consent.